With the current river & ground conditions, and in the light of other events being cancelled, we are reviewing the current situation and looking at what decisions we can take to mitigate any costs should the event have to be cancelled. We have always maintained a position of offering a 100% refund in the event of cancellation and believe this is an important principle. This does however mean we have to be prudent in the way we manage finances, to ensure the future of the events are secure. With the loss of half of the 2022 Winter Head, we took a loss in 2022 and as such have to be ever more prudent in 2023 to manage a sustainable level of reserves.
With this in mind, we are taking the following actions:
- Whilst entries will open as normal, payments will not be enabled. We will notify you when payments are required.
- We will hold off finalising our supply base until Friday 17th November, this is the point at which we will begin to incur significant costs.
- We will continue to review the forecast, river, and more importantly ground conditions, over the next week, and look to make an initial go/no go decision on Friday 17th November.
- If ground conditions in the trailer park are not greatly improved by the 17th , experience across the events committee suggests it is highly unlikely to be manageable for the event.
- We will post an update here on the evening of the 17th at the latest.
A photo of the trailer park taken on 10 Nov 2023