Unfortunately we have had to take the difficult decision to cancel next weekends Wallingford Winter head (Sunday 1st December).
The river is currently on red boards and likely to remain so until early next week; with more rain forecast next week it is highly likely the river will remain on red boards through into December. Currently the trailer park and the boat rigging areas are under water, and even if the water level drops, these areas will be unusable due to the water logging. With a river very likely to be on red boards, and a riverside at best waterlogged, it has become clear this week that the event is simply not viable. We could have held on for another few days to announce with “fingers crossed”, but the reality is we know this stretch of river, and in all probability the river will not be able to hold a 250+ boat event.
We hope that by making this decision early it gives you all the opportunity to re think plans for the weekend and, weather and conditions permitting, are able to find some water somewhere to enjoy a paddle. Full refunds will be processed via the BROE World Pay system in the coming days.
Thank you and apologies for the disappointment.