Parking, spectators, forecast, photos etc.
We kindly ask you approach access for parking from the A4074/A4130 round-about through Crowmarsh Gifford (along The Street) rather than driving through Wallingford town centre. This is particularly important for trailers as there is no left-hand turn into access road to trailer park.
- Both car parks are free on the day.
- As a courtesy to local residents and shoppers, you are requested not to park in town or on grass verges.
- Please do not park in any residential areas and side-roads in Crowmarsh Gifford
Address for trailer parking: Crowmarsh Gifford, Wallingford, Oxon OX10 8EB (this is for the campsite but the postcode should get you close enough with SAT NAV)
- Only trailer parking is permitted in the riverside car park. (Boat rigging can be done in the field located on the other side of the bridge from the riverside car park).
- Due to a new height barrier, trailers can no longer access the car park prior to the day of the event.
- Due to a new height barrier, longer trailers will find access more challenging. Single piece or un-split eights will not be able access the trailer park.
Competitor and spectator parking
All other vehicles must use the car park at the former (now burnt out) South Oxfordshire District Council (SODC) offices. Please allow time to walk from the car park to the boating area.
Address for competitor and spectator parking: South Oxfordshire District Council, Benson Lane, Crowmarsh Gifford, Wallingford, Oxon OX10 8ED
Note this car park will be locked up at 16.00 after the event. Please remove your vehicle in good time after racing and de-rigging.
To access the river from the SODC car park, please follow the main road from the SODC car park to the river; in consideration of our neighbors, please avoid walking through any housing estates.
Please bring suitable footwear and clothing. The ground may be muddy and slippery and the weather may be cold, windy and wet.
Hot drinks and food are available under the Wallingford Bridge arches (Crowmarsh side), by the trailer park and marked as Crew Registration on the course map.
Use the course map to identify appropriate vantage points.
On the Wallingford side of the river, the river side path starts at the finish (OUBC) and continues south to Cholsey Ferry. (Approx 4000m to go). A good vantage point is on the New Bypass Road Bridge. (Approx 1000m to go)
You can also watch the finish from the Crowmarsh (east) side of the river. Note that there is no riverside path south from the finish towards the New Bypass Road Bridge.
Best access to see the start is from the east, joining the river path from North or South Stoke, or the little road between the two villages which goes fairly close to the river (look for Littlestoke Manor).
You have access to the river from the west at Moulsford (Beetle and Wedge) but this is south of the start and you will only see crews waiting.
Weather Forecast Including sunrise and sunset times